February 13, 2010

I was accepted...

To be a vendor on "MakersMarket"! MakersMarket is a new online Market curated by Make Magazine and Boing Boing. This is, as my girlfriend, Kalisa, would say, "A Big Damn Dot Com Deal"! Funny how things work, I was just getting ready to open a Shopify store. Shopify is a site where anyone can set up an online store. It's a pretty neat way to get your products online. But then yesterday, i saw that Make was starting their own Market so i applied immediately. By coincidence i was corresponding with Mr.BoingBoing himself, Mark Frauenfelder, and he asked me to let him know if i wanted to be in the BoingBoing Bazaar. When i told him i had just applied that very morning he said he would take a look to see if my application had come in. A few minutes later i received a letter of acceptance. Wooohoooo! So, Screw Shopify, this is waaaaay cooler!

A huge thank you to Mark, you probably have no idea how much that first post about my cigarbox ukulele changed my life. And a thank you to the team at MakersMarket. I'm thrilled to be a part of the team! So, i'm off to fill the shelves of my new shop. This is going to be good!

8 comments:

HumbleUker said...

Congratulations Shelley! You do beautiful work.

Horatio Haygood said...

Just checked out you new shop and it looks wonderful!
All the best to you.
Kyle

Shelley Rickey said...

Hi There,
Thank You!
Have some great customized ukes for the shop!

Shelley Rickey said...

Hi Kyle,
Thanks so much for visiting. Still quite a few things to post... and lots of nifty stuff to make. It's all so much fun, i'm not sure what to start on next!

Horatio Haygood said...

Send me an image of anything you would like people to see and I'll post it with a link to your shop. It would help make my blog look cool :)
If you have time,
Kyle

Shelley Rickey said...

Hi Kyle,
I'd be happy too...
but when i click on your name it says that you haven't made your information public.
What is your blogs name?

Shelley Rickey said...

Wait a sec, you're from Ukulear...Right?

Horatio Haygood said...

Can you send it to me by way of ukulelear.blogspot.com? The Alien uke picture is really great. I could just copy that one and put a link to your shop if you like. Who knows who might trip over it while getting lost on the web and finding themselves at Ukulelear. :)